The efficient delivery of end-user training to managers and assistants across the company is essential if the project is to be a success. When the estate is hundreds or thousands of locations and/or self-service is required then the training cost and practical geographical issues become a barrier to system roll-out.
In addition, the high level of staff turnover experienced in business sectors such as the retail and leisure sector means that the provision of a continuous training program is essential, if application support issues and lack of understanding of business processes is not to lead to an increasing central workload and a reduction of the original business benefits of the system.
The IntellinetStaff solution to this problem is to deliver on-line eLearning modules, at a practical cost, as an integrated part of the IntellinetStaff applications. The eLearning modules can be customised to suit each customer’s application configuration and business process.
The IntellinetStaff eLearning modules take end-users through real-life scenarios as though they were operating the application, allowing them to play through the process with no risk and at the same time, providing an excellent learning experience.
The eLearning system provides a user test facility so that users’ competence can be measured, prior to them being allowed to use the live system. It also identifies users who are struggling and may require additional training support.
The eLearning modules have proved to be a very effective, practical and low cost route to rapidly implementing application modules across large, dispersed retail estates.
The key features of the eLearning module are:
- Available for each IntellinetStaff application module.
- Reduces cost of training for large estates and in companies with high staff turnover.
- Designed in bite-sized units to aid training for busy managers.
- Operated from CD, over Broadband or by download to the hard-drive.
- Pre-learning followed by rapid go-live across all stores.
- Early identification of failing users for remedial action.
- Reinforces customer’s business processes and procedures as well as application operation.
- New staff can receive immediate high quality training.
- Users can go back to the training and re-learn at any time.